Delicate casserole with zucchini and Carpathian cheese by Alex Yakutov
The season of the popular and easy-to-cook vegetable zucchini is in full swing. It goes well with meat, and everyone knows about its benefits for the body: zucchini improves intestinal function and is easy to digest. Do you want to cook a healthy, low-calorie and delicious dinner? Alex Yakutov, chef and expert of the New Channel reality TV show On Knives, offers you a recipe for casserole with zucchini, Carpathian cheese and chicken. Keep it!
“If you don’t have Carpathian brynza, you can replace it with regular cottage cheese. Just add salt to taste, mix it up, and you’re done,” says Alex Yakutov.
- zucchini – 2 pcs.
- minced chicken – 0.5 kg
- Carpathian cheese – 50 g (for minced meat) and 2 tbsp. l. (for liquid mix)
- salt – 1 tsp. l. (for zucchini) and 1 tsp. l. (for minced meat)
- ground black pepper – 1 tsp. l. (for minced meat)
- eggs – 1 pc. (for zucchini) and 4 pcs. (for liquid mix)
- parsley – 1 tbsp. l.
- garlic – 1 clove (for greasing the mold) and 2 cloves (for frying)
- onion – 1 pc.
- spinach – 100 g
- hard cheese – 50 g
- bread crumbs – optional
- basil or mint – optional
Cooking a dish:
- Grate the zucchini on a medium grater. Season with salt and squeeze out the juice. Put it on a sieve and let it drain.
- Put the minced meat in a small container. Add salt, pepper and cheese. Stir.
- Mix the minced meat with the zucchini. Add the egg and finely chopped parsley. Mix thoroughly.
- From the resulting mass, make small meatballs – they are called polpette in Italian. Pour the oil into a preheated skillet. Put the polpettes and fry them a little so that they “set”.
- Cut the garlic clove in half. Grease a baking dish with it.
- Fry two cloves of garlic and an onion in a frying pan. The main thing is not to overcook! When you see a barely golden crust, remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the spinach in a bowl. Add the fried onions and garlic, 4 eggs and Carpathian cheese. Stir.
- Add the finished polpette. Stir and pour into a baking dish.
- Crush the bread crumbs into crumbs. Grate the cheese on a fine grater. Sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese evenly over the dish.
- Put the mold in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for 15 minutes. After that, open the lid of the mold: this will create a crispy crust.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with basil, mint, or other herbs, if desired. You can take 2-3 branches. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Done!
Watch the second season of the restaurant reality show On Knives with Alex Yakutov this fall on New Channel!
Photo: press service